2018 International Conferences
In Jordan and the USA
October 18-20, 2018 ~ Amman, Jordan
The landmark Annual T T Conference is held each year in conjunction with:
- Providing Community-based Psychosocial Treatment Services to the refugee population in Jordan. Programs include:
- Disaster Health Care Field Clinics
- Center for Healing and Renewal
- Women’s Safe Space
- Conducting on-site certified trainings in psychosocial treatment skills through the Social Health Care (SHC) training and treatment program – building local capacity for healing and recovery from individual and communal trauma by providing intervention and treatment skills to members of the local society, including medical students and practitioners, NGO staff, aid workers, clergy, teachers, and refugees.
- Community resilience building events for refugee children and their families.
- The Transgenerational Trauma Research Network – a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary professional network engaged in the study of inherited, unresolved communal trauma, and the implications for violence and war within and between communities, past, present, and future.
* In addition to scheduled periods throughout the year, extensive Clinics and Trainings are conducted immediately before or after the annual conference dates each year.
– A separate 1-day invitational session in Amman
October 21, 2018 ~ Amman, Jordan
– to provide basic intervention skills, assist in identifying symptoms and those in need of professional psycho-social services, and promote cooperation and support among religious leaders.
For information on attending please contact:
In the US – Steve Olweean: SOlweean@aol.com
International Humanistic Psychology Association (IHPA)
International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA)
An international list of over 100 cooperating organizations and universities
Official Partner and Event of:
Charter For Compassion and Parliament of World’s Religions
April 13-15, 2018 ~ Madison, Wisconsin USA
At a time when escalating polarization is the true culprit,
a shared common-ground conference
promoting respectful listening, dialogue, trust,
and action to bridge the divide.
October, 2016 ~ Freiburg, Germany
A 3-day international working conference bringing key stakeholders together to address:
– The current forced migration crisis in Europe
– Immediate psycho-social treatment needs of refugees arriving traumatized by war, violence, and the exodus
– The dynamics of trauma and displacement in the individual and community
– The support needs of societies and communities receiving refugees
– Developing practical, culturally sensitive humanitarian responses to the growing need, and formulating recommendations to policy makers.
What is working, what is not working
– Networking to promote the development of a cross-cultural network of humanitarian aid organizations and groups addressing the refugee crisis in Europe and the Middle East for mutual support and cooperation.
– Public policy recommendations
– Launching the Bi-Regional Cross-Training project: a bi-regional response and collaboration between mental health professional groups in communities hosting refugees to provide culturally adapted psychosocial treatment training and orientation.