October 24-26, 2019 ~ Amman, Jordan
Common Bond Institute (CBI)
Michigan State University
Refugees, Displaced Persons, and Forced Migration Studies Center
International Humanistic Psychology Association (IHPA)
International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations (IFMSA)
An international list of over 100 cooperating organizations and universities
Official Partner and Event of:
Charter For Compassion and Parliament of World’s Religions
Held in conjunction with:
- Disaster Health Care Field Clinic providing comprehensive Psychosocial, Medical, and Dental services to the refugee population in Jordan
- Community-based psycho-social treatment pilot projects – Partnering with local NGOs and institutions to create a broad range of community mental health services as demonstration projects that can be operated and sustained in regions of conflict with great need and scarce skill and funding resources.
- Psychosocial Specialty Training for Medical Students
- On-site training intensive in the Social Health Care (SHC) training and treatment program – a model building local capacity for healing communal trauma and instilling confidence within the effected community.
- Invitational Psychosocial Seminar for Religious Leaders and Teachers to assist in identifying symptoms, basic interventions, and those in need of professional psychosocial services.
The Global Network for the Study of Transgenerational Trauma – a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary professional network engaged in the study of inherited, unresolved communal trauma, and the implications for violence and war within and between communities, past, present, and future.